- NOVA LINCS is among the 10 research labs selected by Amazon for Alexa Prize TaskBot Challenge 2
- The TWIZ team, supervised by the NOVA LINCS researcher João Magalhães, is among the 10 teams around the globe selected by Amazon to participate in the Alexa Prize TaskBot Challenge 2, a university challenge focused on developing multimodal (voice and vision) conversational agents that assist customers in completing tasks requiring multiple steps and decisions.
- World Logic Day | Talks at NOVA LINCS
- To celebrate the World Logic Day, NOVA LINCS will host two talks: "Logic, Computation, and Programming Languages" by Luís Caires and "Logic-based Explanations for Neural Networks" by João Leite.
- iFetch results presented at CMU Portugal Summit 2022
- NOVA LINCS researchers receive Best Paper Award at ICGI 2022
- NOVA LINCS researchers receive Best Paper Award at INFORUM 2022
- NOVA LINCS leads a research project with 7 million euros funding through the Horizon Europe programme
- NOVA LINCS Ciência Viva Internship Program
- NOVA LINCS and DI FCT NOVA offered an internship program for 9th grade students about basics of Informatics and Computer Science.
- Luis Caires elected Chair of the Steering Committee of ESOP
- ESOP is the most prestigious Conference on the broad field of programming languages and systems, and is a member of European Joint Conferences on the Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS).
- How current AI language models actually work?
- Luis Caires, NOVA LINCS Director and coordinator of the Software Systems Group, discusses the recent Google AI sentience issue, and explains in simple terms how current AI language models actually work, and why we are still far from the Singularity.
- Alexa Challenge: NOVA LINCS creates one of the top three Conversational AI systems
- The team led by João Magalhães, NOVA LINCS researcher from Multimodal Systems Group and Professor at the Department of Computer Science at NOVA School of Science and Technology, ranked silver among the 10 international research groups selected by Amazon to participate in the Alexa Taskbot research challenge.
- NOVA LINCS researcher receives Distinguished Paper Award at ECOOP 2022
- Bernardo Toninho, NOVA LINCS researcher from the Software Systems Group, received the Distinguished Paper Award at the 36th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP 2022).
- 10th Distinguished Lecture by Fernando Pereira, Google Research (USA)
- "Does Language Mirror the Mind? A Personal Journey" NOVA LINCS Distinguished Lecture by Fernando Pereira, Google Research (USA)
16 Feb 2023
10 Feb 2023
22 Dec 2022
9 Nov 2022
21 Sep 2022
14 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
27 Jun 2022
24 Jun 2022
20 Jun 2022
8 Jun 2022
25 May 2022