- NOVA LINCS is among the 10 research labs selected by Amazon to participate in the Alexa Taskbot research challenge addressing Multimodal Conversational AI
- The team supervised by the NOVA LINCS researcher João Magalhães is among the 10 international research groups selected by Amazon to participate in the Alexa Taskbot research challenge to tackle Multimodal Conversational AI.
- NOVA LINCS researchers receive Best Paper Award at JELIA 2021
- Ricardo Gonçalves, Matthias Knorr, and João Leite, NOVA LINCS researchers from the Knowledge-Based Systems Group, received the Best Paper Award at the 17th European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (JELIA 2021).
- NOVA LINCS opens call for PhD studentships
- The NOVA Laboratory of Computer Science and Informatics (NOVA LINCS) opens call for 6 PhD studentships. Call for applications is open until April 1, 2021.
- Three NOVA LINCS researchers in world’s Top 2% scientists list
- Luís Caires, Luís Moniz Pereira and Luís Alexandre among the most influential scientists in the world, according to Stanford study.
- Quantum Computational Supremacy attracts +300 audience
- Quantum Computational Supremacy and Its Applications, Distinguished Lecture by Scott Aaronson
- What types of problems are currently solved by quantum computing? How to observe their results using classical systems? What new challenges are to be faced in the future?
- Master students distinguished with Gulbenkian Scholarship New Talents in Artificial Intelligence
- Gulbenkian New Talent Scholarship Program offers to selected students a training scholarship to develop research projects under the guidance of tutors, while also participating in a set of training workshops.
- “From Machinery of Morality to Machine Morals”: moral and ethics in AI
- Luís Moniz Pereira, researcher from NOVA LINCS, is one of the invited authors for the book “Essays on Science, Culture and Scientific Policy”.
- Bringing Generic Programming to Google’s Go Language
- An international team including NOVA LINCS Software Systems researcher Bernardo Toninho, just published results that will make a big difference on how developers using Google’s Go programming language will make their products more generic, easier and faster to change.
- SoSyM Ten-year most influential paper award
- Ana Moreira, researcher from NOVA LINCS, distinguished with the 2020 Journal on Software & System Modeling Ten-year most influential Paper Award, with her paper "A model-driven traceability framework for software product lines".
- Project Clean Forest leverages artificial intelligence and augmented reality in fire prevention
- Project coordinated by NOVA LINCS selected for funding under the national call for R&D Projects to Prevent and Fight Forest Fires.
- Girls in Computer Science
- High school girls attended the live webinar “Girls in ICT”, organized by Departamento de Informática and NOVA LINCS.
21 Jun 2021
18 Jun 2021
19 Mar 2021
8 Feb 2021
1 Feb 2021
26 Jan 2021
15 Jan 2021
26 Nov 2020
19 Nov 2020
16 Nov 2020
28 Jul 2020
26 Jul 2020